Monday, May 26, 2014

Tight calves, online classes, interviews, and salad.

This week did not go as planned.  The Girls on the Run 5K  followed by walking around town with my mother and an Evensong service all in the same day was too much for me.  On top of that I ran four days in a row before my race with only one rest day.  And I paid for it most of this week.  My running buddy did a short run Tuesday afternoon which was terribly painful and then I didn't run again until yesterday (Sunday).  

My lack of running forced me to focus on many house cleaning projects that needed to be addressed, not to mention my second and third job interview for a company that I really want to work for.  I also had plenty of time to take my online classes.

Thursday night as I walk walking to church for the last choir rehearsal of the season I was thrilled to see a small, heavy white package in my mailbox.  My May "Brave New Route" medal from www.JostRunning.com came in and it made my night.  I was so impressed by the quality of the metal, not to mention the excitement of getting my first metal ever.  I've already signed up for the June virtual 5K and can't wait!
JostRunning May 2014 5K metal
The remainder of the week was focused on taking my online classes, I took 13 hours of classes this week but still have a lot remaining especially since I want to be finished with them by the end of June.  Yesterday (Sunday) I went for my first run since that awful run on Tuesday and felt great.  I went for a run right after church hoping that I wouldn't get too warm and managed 2.74 miles without pain or tightness.  This morning (Monday) my running buddy planned on running late morning and logged 3.04 miles also without pain or tightness.  

This Thursday we have an evening 5K race that literaly runs pass our houses which is great because there are no issues with parking!

Now to the Weekly Chase.

Last week’s goals:
So here are my goals for this week:‪#‎weeklychase

Goal #1: Run 3 times this week - Nope, but I did run twice.

Goal #2: Stretch daily. - Almost, I stretched 6 out of 7 days.

Goal #3: Log and stay within my points this week.  - YES!  And it showed I lost 2.3 pounds (7.6 TWL)  this week with hardly any running.  I would like to attribute this to my new favorite salad of mixed greens, strawberries, cucumbers, tomatoes, red/yellow//orange baby bell peppers, and grilled chicken breast marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, garlic, and white pepper.

Goal #4: Cook most of our meals at home this week.  - Yes we went out after my two interviews but that was it.  

Goal #5: Take at least 6 hours of online classes.  - 6 hours, I took 13 hours of classes!

Goal #6: Have a great interview on Tuesday morning.  - Not only did I have a great interview on Tuesday I have a third interview on Thursday!  I should hear this week, but I know that they have called 2 of my four references!

This week’s Goals:
So here are my goals for this week:‪#‎weeklychase

Goal #1: Run 3 times this week and have a great race on Thursday
Goal #2: Stretch daily.
Goal #3: Log and stay within my points this week.
Goal #4: Cook most of our meals at home this week.
Goal #5: Take 11 hours of classes.

Photos take on post run walks this week:



       The Old Court House                                                   Sailboats at the end of the trail.



My beautiful church.  I am so lucky to live in this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment