Saturday, May 23, 2015

Time runs by...

Where has the time gone. It has been almost a year since my last (and third) post; and since then so much has changed.  That job that I had interviewed for a year ago I got, and left four months later for my current job which I love!  For the first time in my life everyday I wake up to go to work I am excited and happy.   Not once have I said I wish I could call out.  What is my new job?  I am a Preschool Physical Education teacher.  I love my students and love that I am helping them lead active lives.

Also since my last post I have made huge strides in my personal running journey.  I ran my first 10K back in November 2014 and earlier this month I ran the Broad Street 10 Miler and finished is 2 hours 1 minute.  Last week I ran my race-aversary with my local Girls on the Run Spring 5K.  My next running goal is a half-marathon.  Last year my best friend ordered a JostRunning Half-Marathon metal for me and I still have it hanging from my metal rack in the little gift bag until I reach that 13.1.  After running the Broad Street I know I can do it and my goal is to run my own half before my 34th birthday.  

Upcoming race plans:

This Thursday the Annual Old New Castle 5K followed by the end of the choir season party.  My plan is to run, shower, and then party.  Good thing the race, my house and the party are all a five minute walk away from each other.

This week’s Goals:
So here are my goals for this week:‪#‎weeklychase


Goal #1: Run 3 times this week

Goal #2: Stretch daily.

Goal #3: Log and stay within my points this week. 

Goal #4: Cook most of our meals at home this week. 

Goal #5: Take my hand written lesson plans and type them up.

Goal #6:  Write another post.  ;-)


Happy running!












No comments:

Post a Comment